So, i was at school today and learned how to make this clear soup named Consummé. It was actually really easy and i am going to tell you how i did it.
The first thing i did was checking how many we were serving, we were serving around 17 classmates, so it ended up with around 3 liters, heres the recipe.
around 500-600g minced meat.
1 celery stick
3 liter of broth
"200-300dl potato wine and salt"
eggwhites from 3-4 eggs
This is how we start:
- Find a 10 liter or around 5-10 liter sized saucepan.
- Everything in the recipe should be cold.
- add 3 liters of broth
- Cut vegetables - onions, celery, leek, carrots.
- add the minced meat then use your clean hands to make it dissolve while adding cutted vegetables. Then add the eggwhite.
- When you have no lumbs left from the minced meat, you can put the saucepan on the oven and let it cook towards the boiling point.
- Do not stir the soup, it should slowly cook until everything rises to the top.
- You should slowly with a wooden ladle hit the bottom of the pan, and slowly pull whatever might be on the bottom towards you.
- Let it cook for about 1 hour ( 70oC )
- When it's done cooking, take the pan off the oven, and lookup a cloth and a sieve. Find another saucepan and have the content of the first pan go through the cloth and the sieve into the new saucepan.
- Put the new saucepan onto the oven and taste, if it has no taste you should add salt and taste. Add some potato wine, stir a bit, taste again.
- You should now have a really good consummé which they sell at any restaurant for about 20$.